approach as with context and there is often a good deal of overlap between the different types.
|In theory fantasy movies are movies with fantastic themes, which usually involve magic or exotic fantasy worlds, as different from science fiction movies and horror movies. The group has as much to do with
More particularly, the needs for a fantasy film can be well thought-out to be:
- That magic involves in some significant way.
- That majority of the film takes place in a setting apart from the ordinary and mundane world. It is often that magic that defines this setting. In historical setting such as medieval can also fulfil this requirement.
elements such as science fiction, adventure and comedy in fantasy films. Good examples of these include:
||Yet if these requirements are met, a movie will often not be considered a true fantasy film if modern or futuristic technology is involved in a significant way. Up till now we regularly see a combination of other
- Star Wars
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Aeon Flux
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Loin, The Witch and The Wardrobe
- The Lord of the Rings